Thursday, January 12, 2012

Guest Blogger: The Benefit of Warming your Outdoor Home with a Portable Fire Pit

  NOTE: PLEASE CLICK ON THE TITLE OR "GUEST BLOGGER" JUST BELOW HERE,TO VIEW THE

ARTICLE FROM IT'S ORIGINAL LOCATION OR CLICK ON THIS MESSAGE. THANK YOU!

Guest Blogger: The Benefit of Warming your Outdoor Home with a Portable Fire Pit

Jan 09, 2012 05:14 pm





Guest Blogger #320, Entry #888, January 9, 2012
The benefits of having an outdoor fire pit are pretty clear.  Almost automatically, most of you probably picture a fixed fire pit made out of sand, brick, and stone.  These types of fire pits are pretty nice for the most part and can add some real value to your home.  However, I am fan of portable fire pits, I’ll tell you why.
firepit2 Portable fire pit advantages
Image via

1) Move It Where You Want

I like to switch things up and move things around with my outdoor decoration.  Sometimes I have people over and I need more space, so I just move my fire pit off to the side.  I’ve even taken it on camping trips or little vacations where I knew it could come in handy.  I just clean that sucker up, wrap my cover around it, throw it in the back of the car and I’m good to go.  I like having the flexibility of my fire pit being truly portable.  I’m sure you can think of a few reasons yourself.

2) Looks Awesome On Your Patio

A lot of the designs nowadays are pretty stylish.  Some are even sold as part of a furniture set if that tickles your fancy.  I’ve seen some really nice ones that have a marble or a glassy stone type finish, good for some bringing in some compliments.  What I really enjoy is that it’s the first thing that people see when they step out on to your patio.  “Oh, cool!  You have a fire pit!.”  Yes, yes I do.  It’s a great focal point of my backyard.

3) Use It As A Table

So, you’re not going to need the fire pit all year, right?  Some of them can be used as a table.  So, while you have some friends or family over in the summer, you can still gather around and use fire pit to place your drinks or food on while you hang out.  Sounds like a pretty good idea to me.
firepit1 Fire pits can be used as tables too!
Image via

4) A Reason To Have People Over

Yes, this goes for fixed fire pits as well.  I’ve had some of my most memorable nights sitting around my fire pit with friends and family.  It’s easy to get lost in the fire and just talk about whatever comes to your mind with the people you care about.  People generally know this and love the idea of it.  So, it’s an easy sell for you when you’re interested in having people come over to your humble abode.

5) They’re Safe!

They really are!  A lot of them come with screens so you’re protected from the occasional flying ember or spark.  These things can also stick around for a while through all the elements, so you don’t have to worry about it falling apart on you while you have a fire going.  Just be smart and make sure what you’re buying is durable and other reviewers are saying it stands the test of time.
See!  You get it, right?  You don’t need to invest in this super involved do-it-yourself project to build a fire pit in your backyard.  Now, if that kind of project is down your alley, then all the power to you.  I prefer the portable fire pit myself.
Allison Kingsley is an avid home improvement & decor enthusiast and loves to share her knowledge.  She has also written her own set of reviews of portable fire pits.  Follow her on Twitter (@DomesticAllison) for home decor & interior design articles and ideas!
For more outdoor living ideas on Stagetecture, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive